In 2010, a concerted effort to become more energy-efficient and sustainable. Over this year, many updates and changes were made to our facility’s production practices. These include:
- Complete relighting of facility with ultra-high efficiency lights
- Addition of Turnover units, eliminating over 200 tons of roof top air conditioning
- Installation of solar panels, contributing to approximately 25% of our total energy bill
- Amplified recycling programs, where we recycle over 98% of out waste eliminating land fill
- Installation of bailers and shredders
Now, 98% of the weight that comes in and goes out as prod material or recycled material.